Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Aquatic Biology (IJAB) agree to the following terms:
- Iranian Society of Ichthyology is the copyright holders of published articles.
- The IJAb will license these articles under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website), as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The submission of a manuscript for the reviewing procedure constitutes a binding confirmation on the part of the author that the manuscript has not been published or submitted in the same or a similar form to a different institution.
- By accepting the article for publication, the Author grants IJAB the ordinary rights to the article (including associated illustrations, spreadsheets and tables), without restrictions as to territory and time, for the first and all subsequent issues and editions, and grants IJAB permission to use the work in the following manner. to store the work on the internet site, on servers or other data carriers of IJAB, to integrate it into data banks, to make it available to the public via data networks, and to digitally copy and disseminate it in any form, on any type of media and in any quantity. This includes the right to carry out such modifications to the work which are required technically for certain types of usage permitted under this agreement. The above rights of usage are granted for all known and all yet unknown types of copying and usage.
- In addition to this, the following usage rights are granted as exclusive rights without restrictions as to territory and time: subject to the non-commercial rights, which the author shall keep as ordinary rights, the rights to copy and disseminate the work written by the Author (including associated illustrations, spreadsheets and tables) in printed form, the granting of reprinting licences as well as printing and translation rights for all languages and countries, and the right to undertake any other type of copying and dissemination via photo-mechanical and similar processes, e.g. microcopy and photocopy issues and with regard to any types of copying and usage which are currently yet unknown.
- All above types of usage may be transferred to any third party who may in future cooperate as a publisher with IJAB.
- Withdrawing of the article after acceptance is not permitted. In some cases after accepting of withdrawing request by journal authority, the author should pay all costs and detriments that is requested by IJAB.
- After publication of the article by IJAB, the Author will have the right to archive his/her work (the final version with the IJAB layout), to publish, copy or disseminate it in printed form in non-commercial publications, entirely or in part. This will also apply to publications on the internet, in data banks or repositories. In this context, the Author shall be obligated to cite the original article, and to place a reference to the Journal, or a link to the journal's website.
- The Author confirms that he/she has the right to dispose of the rights of usage under copyright law to the article, including the associated illustrations, spreadsheets and tables, and that the granting of these rights of usage to IAJB does not infringe upon any third-party rights.
- If the Author's employer holds the rights of usage under copyright law to the Author's article, the Author shall present IJAB a written confirmation from the employer in which the employer transfers the rights to IAJB and allows IAJB to forward the rights of usage to third parties.
- The Author insures IJAB from and against any and all third-party claims which are based on the fact that one of the circumstances which are the object of this agreement on usage rights. The indemnity shall include the costs of legal defence and/or of the pursuit of rights.
- The corresponding Author confirms that all persons listed as "further authors" of this article have been informed of the object of this agreement on rights of usage and that they agree to them.
- In the event of changes in authorship, the corresponding Author shall inform IJAB, so that the agreement on rights of usage can be adjusted accordingly.