International Journal of Aquatic Biology (IJAB) is an open access, peer-reviewed academic journal published by Iranian Society of Ichthyology in collaboration with the Staff of Fisheries Department of the University of Tehran. IJAB publishes original research articles, high quality reviews and technical notes/short communication covering all aspects of biology of organisms living in marine and fresh waters. The main emphasis of IJAB lies in experimental work, both from the laboratory and the field. All members of the IJAB’s scientific board are from well-known universities and research institutes to ensure high-quality publications. Manuscripts are processed using an online system, ensuring efficient and timely evaluations.
- Type of Journal: Academic/Scholarly
- Format: Print & Online
- ISSN: 2322-5270 (Print) and 2383-0956 (Online)
- DOI: 10.7508/ijab.
- Frequency: Bimonthly
- Publication Dates: February, April, June, August, October and December.
- Language: English
- Article Processing Charges: No
- Indexed and Abstracted: Yes
- Review Time: 8-12 weeks approximately
- Contact and Submission e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Biology, ecology, physiology, biochemistry and genetics of all aquatic organisms under laboratory and field conditions.
- Freshwater and marine biology, including life history, evolution, biodiversity, biogeography, population genetics, invasive species, taxonomy
- Ichthyology (morphology, taxonomy and new description of fish species, biogeography, biodiversity, conservation, ecology and general biology of fishes)
- Stock assessment and population dynamics
- Aquatic environmental management, protection and conservation of living aquatic resources
- Aquatic ecology
All articles published by IJAB are freely accessible online immediately upon publication. There is no page charge for publishing in IJAB.
The submitted articles will be peer-reviewed with three anonymous referees. Authors are encouraged to suggest four potential reviewers, however, the editorial board of IJAB has the right to accept or reject the suggested referees. The accepted articles may be subjected to further editing by the journal editorial staff before online publishing.
Ministry of Cultural and Islamic Guidance, I. R. Iran, No: 93/676; 8 April 2014
Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, I. R. Iran, and was accredited as a scientific and research journal in 2014.
ISC (Islamic World Science Citation Center; IF=0.326), Index Copernicus (ICV 7.52 points), DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), Google Scholar, ASFA (Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts) - ProQuest, AGRIS, Zoobank, The Global Impact Factor (GIF; IF=0.453), Universal Impact Factor (1.951 for year 2014), InfoBase Index (IBI Factor= 4.06 for year 2015), JournalTOCs, PKP (Public Knowledge Project), Magiran, Citefactor indexing, Scientific Indexing Services, Scholar Steer, E-Journals, …
Vol 5, No 2 (2017): April
Table of Contents
Ranjeet Kutty, Shahana Shamsudheen, Shafeena Ottathaikkal, Jamsheera Vallikkattil
Shima Shahafve, Mahdi Banaee, Behzad Nematdoost Haghi, Mohammad Mohiseni
Histopathological evaluation of the Zebrafish (Danio rerio) testis following exposure to methyl paraben